We are currently searching for an experienced Network Support Specialist to join our technical Support team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with WAN/LAN, VPN, Enterprise Wireless and other networking technologies. We are looking for someone who is motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in Network support and administration of multi-platform LAN/WAN environments with an active CCNA or higher certification. This is an onsite role based in our Technical Support Center (TAC) at our corporate office in Livermore.
The Network Support Specialist performs activities required to support our customer’s Enterprise LAN/WAN network and supporting operations, production datacenters, Wireless, and other devices. This is a technical position and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills – combined with a keen ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form.
- Provide all levels of support to the customers for all LAN/WAN issues.
- Demonstrate familiarization and hands-on experience with Cisco Routing & Switching, Cisco Firewall, Cisco Firepower and Cisco ISE.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information when required.
- Handle all escalations.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate. Identify areas for automation or other process improvement.
- Participate in team on-call rotation and provide support during project and operations related cutovers.
- Respond, troubleshoot, identify root cause, and remediate issues in a complete, documented, and timely manner.
- Coordinate with Tier II/III engineers and cable’s team to resolve customer impacting network outages, network changes and activation.
- Develop an understanding of the AMS.NET ecosystem and provide effective coordination for clients.
- Work with cross-functional teams supporting our customers.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external senior-level management to understand customer needs.