We currently have opportunities available for a CCIE (or equivalent) Pre-sales Engineer in the Central Valley/Irvine Locations. This positions will be responsible for technical Pre-sales Consulting Engineering, assisting in developing statements of work, network design, assembling bill of materials, and attending business appointments with Account Managers as the technical lead. The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology, be innovative and customer focused, and solutions oriented with a drive to improve existing processes.
The Sales Engineers role is to provide support to the entire Sales Team in the following ways:
- Update the sales team on new products and services
- Use the Solution Center to provide customer demos and trainings
- Attend customer meetings to assist account managers with presentations, technical white boarding/reviews
- Stay abreast of new products and services
- Verify correct parts for proposed solutions
- Assist with the technical write-ups for executive summaries in bids
Qualified candidates should have 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience working in a pre-sales capacity or similar role. Develops and maintains skill set and product knowledge to maximize your value and to deliver quality services to our customers. this includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
Travel will be required. Excellent oral and written communication skills, product demonstration, customer service skills, and presentation skills required. Position often consists of a blend of 80% pre-sales and 20% post-sales or quality assurance work. similar experience with a Cisco Gold Partner is preferred.