HYBRID/WORK FROM HOME & OFFICE!
AMS.NET is seeking a highly-motivated Solutions Architect (Pre-Sales Engineer) to join our Corporate office. This is a base salary plus commission role.
Solution Architect (or Pre-Sales Engineer) will be responsible for acting as the primary technical resource for AMS.NET Account Manager. In this role, you will also be responsible for leveraging deep functional and technical expertise to design solutions that solve customer’s ever-changing business and technology challenges. This role will plan and direct all presale aspects of engineering activities covering IP LAN/WAN network infrastructure, including but not limited to, routing and switching, wireless, and network security.
Solution Architect must be motivated, quick thinking, detail oriented, a good communicator, and a strong leader and self-starter with the ability to work with little direction, make sound decisions, work effectively with and get results from others. Establish relationships with key decision-makers to become the customers trusted advisor.
1. Engages with customers and their use case and propose industry-leading solutions design and architectures.
2. Develops and executes technical sales plans and proposals based on competitive RFP, RFQ, RFI.
3. Updating the sales team on new products and services.
4. Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into solution opportunities.
5. Using the Solution Center and other available resources to provide customer demos and training.
6. Attending customer meetings to assist Account Managers with presentations and technical reviews.
7. Becoming familiar with new products and services.
8. Whiteboard IT strategies, vendor recommendations, and business recommendations.
9. Align the business needs of customers and prospects to a technical solution and presenting the solution the customer in terms of business benefits.
10. Present technology roadmaps, technology trends, and industry priorities.
11. Originates and architects detailed design, engineering, and implementation specifications for next-generation networks and solutions.
12. Deliver quality documentation to support pre-sales efforts, including solution Bill of Materials, Configurations, Statement of Works, and Proposals.
13. As needed, assisting the Marketing Department by attending and providing technical assistance at tradeshows, designing presentations, and speaking at Webinars.
14. Maintains in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, and industry trends for the Networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, and Security.
15. Attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training.
16. Perform data collection activities both on-site and remote to accurately collect information required for design to meet customer business objectives.