The position requires strong communication skills to coordinate with technical subject matter experts, network architects, and subcontractors. A strong understanding of network architecture and design is required. A strong candidate will have substantial routing and switching experience. this is a hands-on opportunity for a versatile candidate to develop and deploy large scale network system infrastructures, and follow the plans though preparation, installation and deployment. The senior field systems engineer will also be responsible for the preparation of technical drawings (as-built’s). Regional travel to customer sites required.
Senior Systems Engineer
Location - Fresno
- Acts as a mentor and provides guidance and support to engineers and technicians
- Acts as the first line of technical escalation for assigned customer engagements for field delivery resources.
- Maintains open and professional communication with customers and ams.net employees at all times.
- Maintains accurate time tracking in accordance with ams.net procedures.
- Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment, as necessary.
- Acquire expert level knowledge on all cisco networking products.
- Implements and supports technology for networks, data centers and communication systems
- Generates and accurately maintains network and system documentation.
- Hands-on technical expertise with the following technologies;
- Ability to accurately update corporate installation documentation
- Shall have a good understanding and working knowledge of the technology and installation requirements for networks, data centers and communication systems.
- Develop technical plans based on communications/it equipment lists from system design team.
- Understanding of fiber and copper based data cabling requirements, distance limitations, etc.
- Has the ability to quickly learn and apply evolving technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Professional communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to read and understand technical documents (safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals) and pass related examinations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite programs (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Pre-employment background check required.
- Valid California driver’s license
- Good driving record
- A well maintained automobile in good operating condition
- Auto insurance
- Travel required
- High school diploma (or equivalency) required
- Degree in telecommunications, computer science or network engineering preferred
- 5 years experience in telecommunications engineering and/or design
- CCNP, CCIE
Special Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- May be required to work in environments which are unsanitary