We are currently searching for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our technical Support team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with Microsoft, Active Directory, WAN/LAN, VPN, Enterprise Wireless and other networking technologies. We are looking for someone who is motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in Network Engineering, architecture, and administration of multi-platform LAN/WAN environments with an active CCIE, CCNA or CCNP certification. This is an onsite role based in our Technical Support Center (TAC) at our corporate office in Livermore.
The Senior Network Engineer performs activities required to design, build, deploy and support our customer’s Enterprise LAN/WAN network and supporting operations, production datacenters, Wireless, and other devices. This is a technical position and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills – combined with a keen ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form.
- Respond, troubleshoot, identify root cause, and remediate issues in a complete, documented, and timely manner.
- Provide all level support to the customers for all LAN/WAN issues.
- Demonstrate familiarization and advanced, extensive hands-on experience with Cisco Routing & Switching, Cisco Firewall and Cisco Firepower.
- Manage network uptime by auditing & enhancing network monitoring.
- Ensure network devices are configured and maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams supporting our customers’ environment and on-prem network infrastructure.
- Coordinate with Tier I/II engineers and cable’s team to resolve customer impacting network outages, network changes and activation.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Handle all escalations.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate. Identify areas for automation or other process improvement.
- Participate in team on-call rotation and provide support during project and operations related cutovers.
- Provides mentorship for existing network team members as appropriate.
Perform tasks related to the operation, servicing, trouble shooting, and administration platform technologies:
- Datacenter networking platforms
- Distribution layer networking platforms
- Enterprise Wireless
- Cisco Security products including ASA firewalls and ISE
- Multi Datacenter high availability, load balancing and failover
- External access technologies
- Name Resolution
- Virtualization platforms
- WAN Communications and QOS