AMS.NET is seeking a highly motivated System Engineer to join our Field Engineering department in the Corporate Livermore office. The System Engineer plans, implements, and provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in LAN/WAN, Security and Wireless customer environments to fulfill business needs for performance and cost benefits. Moderate travel is required – AMS covers ALL travel expenses for field employees.
1. Serve as a “hands on” post-sales implementation engineer implementing and supporting networking projects.
2. Physically install equipment including servers, controllers, routers, switches, access points.
3. Complete post validation documentation.
4. Perform routine upgrades on customer equipment.
5. Maintain and develop relationships with clients during project engagements.
6. Maintain technical certifications as required.
7. Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting Cisco Networking LAN/WAN and wireless systems and control software.
8. In-depth knowledge of test, measurement, and analysis techniques.
9. Plan and coordinate system utilization and capacity, involving configuration and UAT testing
10. Identify opportunities and best practices for improving efficiencies with emerging technologies, including Cisco routers/switches and wireless systems.
11. Resolve escalated hardware and software issues related to LAN/WAN and Wireless.
12. Develop and maintain documentation and resources pertaining to LAN/WAN and wireless network including but not limited to testing requirements, system admin training, implementation best practices, upgrade path best practices, customer facing deliverables, etc.
13. Provide mentorship for Technician level resources.
14. Work with Day 2 Support to ensure correct troubleshooting processes are in place.
15. Work with Managed Services Support to ensure reporting and monitoring is within best practice guidelines per manufacture.
16. Monitor gross labor profit reporting for assigned projects in Salesforce PSA.