The position requires strong communication skills to coordinate with technical subject matter experts, network architects, and subcontractors. A thorough understanding of network architecture and design is required. A strong candidate will have substantial routing and switching experience. This is a hands-on opportunity for a versatile candidate to develop and deploy large scale network system infrastructures, and follow the plans though preparation, installation and deployment. The field systems engineer will also be responsible for the preparation of technical drawings (as-built’s). Regional travel to customer sites required.
- Acts as a mentor and provides guidance and support to technicians
- Acts as the first line of technical escalation for assigned customer engagements for field delivery resources.
- Maintains open and professional communication with customers and ams.net employees at all times.
- Maintains accurate time tracking in accordance with ams.net procedures.
- Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment, as necessary.
- Acquire expert level knowledge on all cisco networking products.
- Hands-on technical experience with the following technologies;
- Cisco CAT OS, Cisco IOS, Routing, Switching, Wireless, OSI Model
- Ability to accurately update corporate installation documentation
- Shall have a good understanding and working knowledge of the technology and installation requirements for networks, data centers and communication systems.
- Develop technical drawings based on communications/it equipment lists from system design team.
- Understanding of fiber and copper based data cabling requirements, distance limitations, etc.
- Has the ability to quickly learn and apply evolving technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Professional communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to read and understand technical documents (safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals) and pass related examinations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite programs (word, excel, powerpoint)