AMS.NET is seeking a self-sufficient Systems Engineer to join the Field Engineering Department in our Fresno office. Plans, implements, and provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in LAN/WAN, Security and Wireless customer environments to fulfill business needs for performance and cost benefits. Moderate travel is required — AMS.NET covers all travel expenses for our field employees.
1. Serve as a “hands on” post-sales implementation engineer, implementing and supporting networking projects
2. Physically install equipment including servers, controllers, routers, switches, access points
3. Complete post validation documentation
4. Perform routine upgrades on customer equipment
5. Maintain and develop relationships with clients during project engagements
6. Maintain technical certifications as required
7. Plan and coordinate system utilization and capacity, involving configuration and UAT testing
8. Identify opportunities and best practices for improving efficiencies with emerging technologies, including routing/switching, wireless, and security hardware and software.
9. Resolve escalated hardware and software issues related to LAN/WAN and Wireless
10. Develop and maintain documentation and resources pertaining to LAN/WAN and wireless network including but not limited to testing requirements, system admin training, implementation best practices, upgrade path best practices, customer facing deliverables, etc.
11. Provide mentorship for Technician level resources